Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Idea 12: Wonderland


Wonderland

Recently, I watched the remake of Alice and Wonderland starring Johnny Depp, I hadn’t seen this movie (Alice and Wonderland) in years and quite frankly did not remember the storyline.  One of the first scenes in the movie is of Alice trying to enter this ‘wonderland’ and she drinks a liquid to shrink down enough to fit through the door.  To Alice’s dismay she left the key on the table and as a result had to eat a mini cake to grow tall again.  I did not remember any of this shrinking and scale play in this movie but as an adult now watching this film it interests me. 

Alice and Wonderland defines as

–adjective
resembling a dream or fantasy; unreal: an Alice-in-Wonderland world of incompleted projects and wishful thinking

Overall, I found this movie interesting.  It was interesting to see a variety of scale play normal, to large, to small, to smaller, to normal again.  It reassured me in that with my project I don’t necessarily need to be the same scale in all of my pictures. 







No comments:

Post a Comment