Monday, November 1, 2010

Midterm Critique Video Response

Midterm Critique Video Response

I feel that my critique was successful I received some vital observations that have helped me expand my perception of my entire project.  For the obvious things that I know I need to improve before the final is that I need to improve my lighting to make it more consistent and easier for myself when I edit my photographs.  Also the printing quality, I want my images to appear vintage and have an old cast to them, however it was brought up during my critique that some of the images were very green, I need to work on perfecting the colors so that it is exactly what I want. 

It seemed as if it was agreed upon that most people enjoyed how subtle the scale was between the dollhouse and the figure of myself.  I want the cut out (of the models) to be a believable size but I also want the viewer to know that the figures don’t actually belong in the dollhouse.  It was commented that the viewers liked how one has to sit back, spend time with the photograph to notice that the scale is off.  

I brought up the question during my critique of whether or not people enjoyed the photograph of my mother and me.  Most people agreed that it might be successful for me to bring in more characters to each photograph to make the images seem more playful. 

During my critique, I was told to be aware that I’m turning myself into an object, which I am aware of however that goes in relationship to my concept, that everyone plays a role as a character.  After hearing all the comments during my critique I am interesting in pursuing the idea of making my work more playful, by making my project more hands on with my audience.  I want to do this by perhaps turning me into a paper doll, or have outfits so that people can change my looks in each photograph.  


Overall, I feel good about my critique and am excited to start working to improve my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment