Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Idea 11: Shrinking


Shrinking

–verb (used without object)
1. to draw back, as in retreat or avoidance: to shrink from danger; to shrink from contact.
2. to contract or lessen in size, as from exposure to conditions of temperature or moisture: This cloth will not shrink if washed in lukewarm water.
3. to become reduced in extent or compass.


The Incredible Shrinking Women

Recently I watched “The Incredible Shrinking Women,” starring Lily Tomlin and Charles Grodin.  The movie is about a woman “Pat Kramer” who begins to shrink after being exposed to a mixture of household chemicals.  Kramer begins to shrink more and more each day wanting people to treat her as a equal even though she was small she managed to make America love her for the mysterious thing happened to her.  It was interesting to watch a movie about household chemicals causing a suburban housewife to shrink.  I found this movie to very fascinating.  This movie is so interesting to me because I can see someone making a movie about this now (current time) especially since everyone is going green. Also I really enjoyed seeing the perspective of the scale between Pat Kramer and her suburban house.  After Pat Kramer shrank small enough her family let her live in a dollhouse where everything was the right scale for Pat. 

My work is similar to this movie in that I am making myself small however everything around me (in the house) is of a larger scale.   Overall, I found the Incredible Shrinking Women to be a very intriguing movie.






Dictionary.com : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shrinking

No comments:

Post a Comment