Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Idea 5: Scale

Scale 

“A scale model is a representation or copy of a larger or smaller than the actual size of the object. For instance, when an architect wants to sell the look of new construction will create a scale model to be evaluated by the buyers. There is a scale model of the Tower of London inside the Tower of London.” (Ask Jeeves)

Scale models specifically are a copy of an object that is usually larger in size.  Scale is an important factor in my project I want my photographs to fit in the dollhouse as if it was really in the dollhouse.  However I want to play with the scale factor making the people and objects I place in the dollhouse standout.  I have been looking more specifically at the scales of objects as I have been working on my project.  When I place a photograph of a person or of another piece of furniture in the dollhouse space the scale is often slightly off.  I am attracted to this awkward look of objects slightly being out of place. 

“Children's dollhouses are commonly in 1:16 or 1:18 scale (3/4" and 2/3" scale respectively, 1 foot is represented by 3/4 or 2/3 of an inch)” (wikipedia)


 










Restaurant scale model, Archiform 3 D

Sites 

http://www.archiform3d.com/scale-models/07-rocksugar-scale-model/rocksugar-scale-model.php 

http://answers.ask.com/Reference/Other/what_is_a_scale_model 






No comments:

Post a Comment