Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Idea 4: Repeat


Repeating Event
–noun
-the act of repeating.
-something repeated; repetition.
-a duplicate or reproduction of something.
-a decorative pattern repeated, usually by printing, on a textile or the like.

The definition of repeat is a duplicate reproduction of something.  Recently my parents began converting family home videos from VHS to DVD.   Excited by this new change I began watching these old movies and realized that all the events that took place were all in the same chronological order.  The only differences were the location and the people being filmed.  Each movie followed the order of Christmas, my sister’s birthday, my brother’s birthday, my birthday, Easter, summer vacation and thanksgiving.   and then it would start all over again a new year on a new DVD.   

“Repeating events,” the idea that people share and document similar memories in the same way throughout time is where my project is heading.  People share the same memory although it is all slightly altered based on the individual and the location.  With my project I am accentually trying to show how memories and events are shared and repeat over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment