Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Idea 9: Superimpose


Superimpose

tr.v. su·per·im·posed, su·per·im·pos·ing, su·per·im·pos·es
1. To lay or place (something) on or over something else.
2. To add as a distinct feature, element, or quality: superimposed her own interpretation when she retold the story

: to place or lay over or above something <superimposed


For my project I have been superimposing objects to make specific scenarios.  To superimpose is to place or layer something over something else, relating to photography specifically, would be placing an image on top of an already existing image to change the overall effect.  Recently I have been wondering if I should try layering more images or objects over or (in) my pictures to make them more dynamic.  After looking at Tierney Gearon’s double exposed work, I have become interested in the idea of possibly adding more layers to my over all image.  By adding a semi- transparent layer of me posing and acting out current reoccurring situations, then placing it over a similar scene in the doll like setting could possibly make my work more dynamic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment