Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Idea 6: Acting


Actors

–noun
1.
a person who acts in stage plays, motion pictures, television broadcasts, etc.
2.
a person who does something; participant.


According to wikipedia:

Acting is the work of an actor or actress, which is a person in theatre, television, film, or any other storytelling medium who tells the story by portraying a character and, usually, speaking or singing the written text or play.


Acting is storytelling.  My thoughts for this project originate with the idea of storytelling and the roles people play in their lives and how everyone can be described or matched to a specific character. I ask my models to pose in specific situations reenacting a character they have seen or a roll they actually participated in or played in real life.  I found it interesting that when I explain to someone who is posing what I want him or her to do for me they respond as “Oh, yeah I used to do this all the time when I was small.” This is comforting to me that they have indeed engaged in these roles before.  I don’t want people to deduce that I am assuming everyone has the same style photographs and that all families behave the same way.  However, I am trying to show how oddly similar photographs can be, and how people do play roles in life and that it can be shown through a picture.  




Works cited


Dictionary.com: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/acting 


Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acting

No comments:

Post a Comment