Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Idea 10: Presentation

Presentation

–noun
1.  an act of presenting.
2.  the state of being presented.
3.  a social introduction, as of a person at court.
4.  an exhibition or performance, as of a play or film.
5.  offering, delivering, or bestowal, as of a gift.
6.  a gift.
7.  a demonstration, lecture, or welcoming speech.
8.  a manner or style of speaking, instructing, or putting oneself forward: His presentation was very poor.

Presentation is the practice of showing the content of your work to an audience.  The display of how you present your work can be very important.  Now that the end of the semester is creeping up on me I have been thinking a lot about the presentation of my work.  I don’t want to frame my work because to me that is so final and I don’t want to see my work behind glass.  After thinking about a variety of ways to display my work I have decided that I think I am going to have my photos mounted on gaffer board and create a frame on the back on the board to allow them to be raised off the wall. I am also thinking about how I am going to print my actually photographs and I'm thinking of using a luster finish paper or even possible a matte paper.  

Quotes

I am careful with my material and presentation.
Shelly Berman


Our work is the presentation of our capabilities. 
Edward Gibbon



Read more:http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/presentation.html#ixzz1ImivQFPf

Article : http://web.ebscohost.com.proxy.library.vcu.edu/ehost/detail?vid=5&hid=10&sid=74255517-f7d3-4a32-8eb6-f034752f216f%40sessionmgr14&bdata=JkF1dGhUeXBlPWlwLHVybCxjb29raWUsdWlkJnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZSZzY29wZT1zaXRl#db=cmedm&AN=6187609 

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/presentation.html 

Annotated Bib

Tilly DA, Hagen AR.  Preparing graphics for visual Presentation.  1983. <http://web.ebscohost.com.proxy.library.vcu.edu/ehost/detail?vid=5&hid=10&sid=74255517-f7d3-4a32-8eb6-f034752f216f%40sessionmgr14&bdata=JkF1dGhUeXBlPWlwLHVybCxjb29raWUsdWlkJnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZSZzY29wZT1zaXRl#db=cmedm&AN=6187609>. 

This article discusses the importance of graphics and presentation.  The preparation sometimes takes a long time to make it look professional and well done.  It is important to review what you have created before production.  This article also explains the importance of making sure your craft is good and you can complete the presentation of one piece before finalizing the rest of your work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment