Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Idea 12: Lighting



Lighting
–noun
1. the act of igniting or illuminating: the lighting of many candles; the annual lighting of the Christmas tree.
2. the arrangement of lights  to achieve particular effects: to work out the lighting for one's living room.
3. an effect achieved by the arrangement of lights: Several critics praised the lighting of the play.
4. the science, theory, or method of achieving particular effects by the use of lights.
5. the way light  falls upon a face, object, etc., especially in a picture.

As I have changed my project around yet again I have noticed how important the lighting has become in each photograph.  When I originally began this project I photographed the women two ways, me looking through the dollhouse window from the outside of the house and me looking though the dollhouse window from the inside.  Ultimately I chose my first set of photographs based on the lighting.  However I changed to a ore portrait like template for my final photographs therefore I had issues with the lighting.  After playing and editing the white balance on my camera as well as the lighting I was using on the women’s faces and in the dollhouse I think I have solve many of the lighting issues I was having.  



Article

This article is about the importance of lighting in photography.  There are several different types of lighting when it comes to photography such as outdoor lighting, front lighting, side lighting, and back lighting.  


Light meters read; photographers interpret. - Catherine Jo Morgan



Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.
George Eastman



No comments:

Post a Comment