Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Idea 9: Surroundings

 Surroundings
–noun
1. something that surrounds.
2. surroundings, environing things, circumstances, conditions, etc.; environment: He was too sick to be aware of his surroundings.
3. the act of encircling or enclosing.
–adjective
4. enclosing or encircling.
5. being the environment or adjacent area.

Relation to my work:
Surroundings are the area around a given physical point or place.  Surroundings can also be objects and physical items that are in relation or are near someone or something.   In my project I am photographing women in their spaces and the objects that surround and define them in some way.  People and their surroundings is a large part of my project since I am photographing women in their spaces.  Often when I photograph the women I have things that represent their personalities or something that identifies them within the space. 

Quotes


Articles

http://www.innovationmanagement.se/2011/01/24/people-and-spaces/

No comments:

Post a Comment